Reiki is a natural healing therapy that is easy to learn and is available to everyone regardless of background, religion or belief system.
Reiki Balance teaches the Usui Shiki Ryoho tradition of Reiki which has been handed down from Usui Sensei to Reiki Masters practising Reiki today. Usui Shiki Ryoho means the “Usui System of Natural Healing” which is very much about teaching people how to heal themselves: spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically and this forms the basis of our teachings.
Courses are held all year round and are usually taught in small groups, or individually, and can be customised to accommodate a particular learning style which means that everyone can learn the ancient art of Reiki. Courses are usually held over a weekend although days during the week can be arranged by prior appointment.There are three main levels to Sensei Usui’s teachings and each level teaches you how to integrate Reiki into your life:
- The 1st Degree – Shoden
- The 2nd Degree – Okuden
- The Master Degree – Shinpiden
Professional Reiki Practitioner Course – CNHC Verified
Reiki is now widely available and is being practised and taught throughout the UK. It has also undergone a voluntary regulation process and is now recognised by the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
For those Students who wish to become a Professional Reiki Practitioner, and would like to receive the CNHC quality mark, will need to take a more professional Reiki Practitioner Course, approved by The Reiki Council and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council. Reiki Balance courses are delivered to a very high standard and are accompanied with full course notes. All courses are offered teaching to the Core Curriculum and National Occupational Standards for Reiki.
In addition to taking the Reiki 1st Degree and Reiki 2nd Degree courses, students will be required to carry out further study and learning over a minimum nine month period, ideally a year. Providing all the work is completed by this time, students will receive a certificate which will entitle them to join the CNHC immediately via a professional association e.g the UK Reiki Federation.
For those Students who do not wish to follow the Professional Reiki Practitioner pathway, and who just wish to learn Reiki, they will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course. In the future, should their circumstances change and they wish to practice professionally, there is an option to return for a follow-up course in order to ascertain the Professional Reiki Practitioner Certification.
Choosing a Reiki Master Teacher
Having discovered Reiki and decided it is a therapy you would like to learn, the task of finding the right Reiki Master Teacher and a suitable course begins.
There are many Reiki Master Teachers offering Reiki Training Courses within the UK and around the world. In order to choose the right Teacher for you, it is important to consider the following recommendations:
- The Reiki Master Teacher would ideally belong to an accredited Reiki society or organisation. This organisation will have a Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice that members will have agreed to abide by. They should also be insured. Within the UK, there are only a few organisations that meet all these credentials and all can be easily found on the internet. These organisations usually have a list of recommended Teachers a student could choose from.
- Whilst distance / Online learning is becoming extremely popular and does offer reduced course fees, a Reiki student will benefit enormously from face to face direct learning. There are many components to learning Reiki that really do need to be demonstrated by a Teacher, who is present in the room, and is always available for the student. It is also important to note the fact that some Reiki organisations will only accept Reiki Attunements that have been given in person – not online.
- When researching any course content, it is important to check that a Reiki training manual will be supplied, together with a Reiki Certificate and Lineage. This Lineage must be able to be traced back to Mikao Usui, the founder of Reiki, especially if students wish to join an accredited Reiki organisation.
- It is also important to check that the Reiki Master Teacher will offer ongoing support and mentorship once the course has ended.
- There are many different ‘forms’ of Reiki, therefore, it is worth spending some time researching the different types of Reiki Organisations and choosing the one that feels right.
- Listen to your intuition: a particular Teacher will just ‘feel’ right and that will be the person to train with.
- Once prospective students have decided on a Reiki Master Teacher, it is advisable to make contact with them, asking questions about their training courses and about the Reiki style they teach.
NOTE: All Reiki Balance courses are taught to Core Curriculum and National Occupational Standards for Reiki. We are fully insured; a member of the UK Reiki Federation and registered with the CNHC. We offer a Reiki Certificate & Lineage at the end of each course; Attunements are all done in person at the course and ongoing mentorship is offered once the course has finished.
Within each Degree of Reiki, students will receive “Attunements” from their Reiki Master Teacher.
An attunement is how students are aligned to Reiki. It will be passed down from the Reiki Master Teacher to the student as a way of connecting them to the universal life-force energy, which will remain with the student forevermore. Attunements can be extremely powerful, offering immediate balance and healing to the student. Reiki attunements are always an amazing spiritual experience and are as pleasurable for the Reiki Master Teacher giving them as they are for the student who is receiving them.
Attunements are usually carried out during a Reiki training course, as per Mikao Usui’s original teachings. This is a tradition handed down from Mikao Usui Sensei; Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata who, as the original Reiki Master Teachers, all gave attunements to their students in person. Reiki Balance continues this tradition and will only offer attunements in person at one of their courses.